Dec 11, 2010

New Fairy Princess Bed

K in her new bed, her "fairy princess bed" as she calls it.

So, we got Kailyn's new bed yesterday and put it together right away. It is so frickin' cute!! I think I have been looking forward to this as much as she has! lol... I have been making a huge deal about her new bed, how beautiful it is, how special it is, and how now it officially makes her a "big girl", hoping that this will encourage her to stay in her bed.

I sat Kailyn down and had a little talk with her about her staying in her bed, that if she did, tomorrow she would get a reward. She woke up once, at 11ish, all wet and throwing a fit. After wrestling with her for about 5 min, I was able to finally change her and put her back to bed. She ended up sleeping until 8am! I woke up a few times during the night to make sure she was still in her bed because she was so quiet.

When Kailyn woke up this morning, I made it a point to tell her how proud I am of her that she stayed in her bed and slept all night. I kept my promise to her and she got her reward this morning for being a "big girl" last night. She said her bed is "so comfy". :) I'm glad.

Well today I feel well rested (FINALLY!) and Kailyn got a full nights sleep, I couldn't be happier! Let's just hope that this lasts! Wish me luck folks! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment