This post is for the moms of toddler's out there, I need some advice from you:
How did you keep your toddler to stay in their bed at night??
I am running very low on patience when it comes to keeping my almost 3 yr old to stay in her bed at night. She will not sit still or lay down for about an hour after I brush her teeth, read her books and gotten ready for bed. Once she finally calms down a little, the only way I can get her to fall asleep right now is by laying next to her or rocking her in the chair. She used to do fine falling asleep on her own, I think it's because she is no longer in her crib she feels she needs to assert her independence by leaving her room.
Might I also add that she started this just about 3 weeks ago. It's happened very fast. She went from sleeping in her crib (which she loved) for nap time and bed time and now she's skipping her naps and won't stay in bed. Let's just say I have a very cranky child in the evenings because she is so tired, I know she misses her naps but she just has this new found freedom she can't get quite enough of. I've tried bribing her like you wouldn't believe and even that doesn't work. She is getting her new "fairy princess toddler bed" next week so she is currently sleeping on her mattress on the floor. I am hoping once she gets her new bed, she will want to sleep in it all night. Wishful thinking on my part ;)
So, if you have been through this and you have found a way to keep your child in bed, would you please, please, please, share it with me so that I can get more sleep!!!??
oh boy! sorry to hear friend... well Nico's been sleeping in Victoria's room on a mattress on the floor (Victoria in her crib), since my MIL took over his room early Nov. It's been tough with him as well, since I have to put him to sleep like 4 times at night because he gets out of bed and out of the room. I've had to threaten (and take action) with spankings with my slipper. It works, but I'm tired of it too. I know it's because there's visitors (both my inlaws are here) and he's not in his room. I know things will get back to normal (at least it's been that way in the past) once visitors are gone and he gets back to his own room.
ReplyDeletePatience. And more patience. Also, you may want to put a gate (removable, wooden frame w/ plastic criss cross mesh ~$35 is what I have) at the door to Kailyn's bedroom, so if she does get out of bed, she can't leave her room and eventually she'll fall asleep, if not in bed somewhere in her room (likely at the gate). That's where I've found Nico numerous times, then I just carry him and put him in bed. It works for us. I hope it works for you if you try it as well.
Good luck friend! :) xoxo
Oh, I don't think that would work, she would just scream bloody murder if I put a gate up. That's what she does, she wakes up in the middle of the night and screams, "mama, where are you??", like super loud. There's no way she would just fall asleep there. I wish.
ReplyDeleteIt is getting easier tho, she's a little calmer in the evenings and she's staying in bed longer.