Jul 12, 2011

Melt My Heart

So, my family and I took a little road trip this weekend down to Moorpark to see some friends of ours and we got back late last night, Kailyn's third late night in a row. She was tired to say the least, so we went upstairs, put her in her jammies, got her face/hands washed, teeth brushed and got her into bed. We turned off the lights and said goodnight. She rolled over and said goodnight, and Mike and I left her room. We went downstairs to watch a little tv to wind down.

Kailyn must have been in her room for about 10-15 mins, then she comes out and says, "mommy, I want you to lay next to me". So I oblige, and while I'm laying next to her in her bed, I have my arm over her snuggling with her and about 5 minutes go by, then out of nowhere she pops her head up, looks over at me and whispers in my ear, "you're the best mommy in the whole world." Awww...that made me melt into a puddle. At that moment I could literally feel my heart smile, the best feeling in the world. I love this girl with every fiber of my being!!

There are moments of parenting that can be really rough but then you have moments like these that make it all worth it.

My heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment