Feb 10, 2011

Preschool

So, it has been quite a while since I've blogged about anything and seeing as I have a few minutes I thought I would update it.

We just recently embarked on a new adventure in our life: preschool.

Yes, I know it's halfway through the year and she's just starting? Well, yes. When it comes to preschool at her age it's ok. She will be doing preschool again next year and then prek and then kindergarten. When September rolled around Kailyn wasn't quite ready for school...or maybe I should say I wasn't ready for her to go to school. After all it isn't quite necessary at her age since I stay home with her and teach her while I'm here, it is usually closer to 4 when they start preschool. BUT after this past winter and Kailyn all of a sudden growing up so quickly we decided to enroll her. I am so glad we did because she absolutely loves it! She is going twice a week for 4 hrs per day. (Not to mention it's my sanity saver, since she no longer takes naps.)

I am also so happy to say that she is almost 100% potty trained, she hasn't had any accidents in the last couple of weeks and only wears a diaper at bedtime. It's a miracle! For a while there I thought she would be in diapers forever!

Here she is ready for her first day of preschool.

Inside her school.

Waiting her turn on the computer.
See the turtle there? She got to feed it her first day, how special. :)

Now it's her turn!

Eating lunch with her new friends.


My baby girl is 3 yrs old and is in preschool, she really is growing up. I am so excited for her, she really loves school and I hope she continues to love it. I am so proud of my daughter and love her more than anything in this world.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! :) So glad she loves preschool so much... same with Nico. Nico has also decided to quit napping most days, and I'm about to lose my mind, I swear. Fall can't come fast enough so that he goes to preschool 3x per week. --He's also done very well with potty training, I just need to teach him how to clean now, though yesterday he attempted to do it on his own and showed me. ;) Oh the joys of watching them grow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so great, way to go Nico! I know, she just started school and I already can't wait until she can go 3x/wk. :-D
    It was awful at first when she started skipping naps, but now we found our new routine and it's not as bad, especially since she is gone 4hrs 2x/wk. :) I look forward to her school days... is that so wrong?? lol...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Big girl :). I don't think there's anything wrong with looking forward to her days away. I am a big believer in Mommy's Day Out! Its good for kids past a certain age to hang out with other kids on a regular basis, and good for you to get to things done without a kiddo underfoot!

    ReplyDelete